Savings & Budget
- The Investment Tool That Actually Loses You Money
Your money might be "safe" in an insured account -- but your purchasing power isn't. Here's what you can do about it.
- Ask the Expert: Should I Invest In Stocks To Raise A Down Payment?
A rising stock market and still-affordable home prices may prompt investors to contemplate this bold move.
- Whatever Your Income, This College Savings Plan Is Your Best Bet
Here's a tax-free way to grow your savings for your child's education.
- Smash That Piggy Bank: The 3 Best Ways To Save For Your Child's Future
The right choice now can save you thousands on higher education costs.
- Online Banks: High-Yield Savings Or Dangerous Money Traps?
Here's why you shouldn't be afraid.
- Never Overspend On The Holidays Again With These 4 Budgeting Ideas
Don't fall into the holiday debt trap again! These four techniques will help.
- How Much Money Makes You Happiest? Princeton Has An Answer
It's been asked for ages. And the answer from Ivy League researchers is -- probably not as high as you'd expect.
- 3 Crazy Things You Can Do Right Now To Save More Money
These three nutty-sounding moves can help save you a bundle -- if you're crazy enough to give them a try.
- 5 Surprisingly Dangerous Places To Stash Your Emergency Cash
Think hard before you put your rainy-day fund in one of these five investment instruments.
- Ripoffs: 8 Everyday Buys That Are A Total Waste Of Money
People throw money away on these items every day -- but you can learn how to break these bad spending habits.