- Your Will May Not Be Enough -- Here's What You Can Do Instead
These two strategies can help ensure your family benefits from your wealth long after you're gone...
- The Common Mistake That Puts Your Entire Portfolio At Risk
Two in three Americans put their wealth at risk by not taking this important step.
- 7 Reasons Your Kids Shouldn't Always Get The Same Inheritance
If one kid gambles and the other clips coupons, should they be treated equally in your will?
- The Secret To Drama-Free Discussions About Inheritance
Discussing your will with your heirs doesn't have to be the painful event we have come to expect.
- Protecting Your Partner's Assets? This Move Can Backfire In A Big Way
It may seem a like a clever workaround to protect your partner's assets, but this move can end up doing much more harm than good.
- 3 Financial Protections for Live-In Partners
We'll show you why cohabitating singles have to take a few extra steps if they want to have the same legal rights as their married counterparts.
- 5 Estate Planning Moves For Those Without Heirs
Just because you don't have heirs doesn't mean you should put off these five important estate planning moves.
- Reduce Your Federal Estate Tax With These 4 Powerful Estate Planning Tools
More and more successful Baby Boomers are preparing for retirement, making it more important than ever that they understand the sophisticated (and legal!) tools available to protect their estates.
- Combine Charity, Flexibility & Big Tax Savings with a Charitable Remainder Unitrust
If you want to increase your income, lower your taxes and create a charitable legacy, you can pull off this estate planning hat trick by setting up a Charitable Remainder Unitrust (CRUT).
- Shield Your Hard-Earned Money from Uncle Sam With a Trust
Make sure your wealth doesn't vanish when you pass -- put it in a trust. Read about the benefits of a trust here, and how you can find the right one to suit your needs.