Options & Derivatives
- Everything You Need to Know about Trading Stock Market Futures in Your IRA
If you have most of your nest egg in an IRA, then adding stock market futures to your portfolio will help protect your wealth. Here's how to do it...
- Derivatives: God's Gift to Investors or Financial Time Bombs?
Warren Buffett may not be a fan of derivatives, but for savvy investors, there is a time and a place where they can play a valuable role as a hedge against risk.
- Understanding Option Expiration Dates and Cycles
Selecting the option expiration month is an important part of any option strategy because it can affect your trade's success or failure.
- How to De-Code the New Options Symbology
Since 2009, brokers have been using a new symbology to relay information about options. This guide will walk you through the new method so you can be up-to-date next time you want to buy or sell options.
- How to Use Protective Puts to Limit Losses
You probably already own insurance on some of your most valuable assets -- your home and your car. So why not protect your stocks, too? Read on to learn about an option strategy that enables you to do so.
- Options: When to Sell, Not Buy
If you are a buy-and-hold investor, consider writing covered calls to supplement your income while waiting for your portfolio's value to bounce back.
- Get Paid While You Wait For Solid Investments To Rebound
After May's market downturn, many investors are worried about a long, unprofitable summer. With this simple strategy, they can get paid while they wait for their solid investments to rebound.
- How to Insure Your Portfolio With Options
Uncertain about the future of a security? Protect your portfolio from losses by utilizing options.
- Options 101: A Primer for the Rookie Options Investor
Options offer a vast array of possibilities to every investor. Equip yourself with a basic understanding of options and how they work.
- A How-to Guide: The Iron Butterfly & Other Option Spread Strategies
What can you do to profit when the market stops being so volatile? A complicated but income generating strategy, an iron butterfly or an iron condor. Learn more about these options strategies.