Financial Statement Analysis
- The 8 Most Important Facts To Know About A Company Before You Invest
Want better returns? Don't buy another stock without knowing these eight terms first.
- Financial Statement Analysis for Beginners
You don't have to be a financial wizard to glean the most important statistics about a company. Learn the basics of understanding financial statements in three simple steps.
- A Simple Method for Calculating Book Value
Many of this year's best performers have one thing in common: a highly valued underlying business. Sound hard to calculate? It's so easy, even my first grader can do it!
- 4 Reasons Why A Company's Big Revenues Can Be Deceiving
One industry reports outsized sales of $600 billion in 2013. Here's why you shouldn't necessarily be impressed...
- Is Your Bank in Trouble? Here's How to Find Out
You asked for it, so we delivered. This step-by-step guide will show you exactly how we calculated the Texas ratio for our infamous troubled banks list.
- This Number Leads to the Most Innovative Companies in the World
You'll find the key to a company's future success buried in the income statement...
- 4 Secret Warning Signs That Your Stocks Could Be Ready To Plunge
If these numbers go bad on a company's balance sheet, experts know it's probably time to get out. Here's what they're looking at that you're not...
- NYU Professor Predicts Bankruptcies with 72% Accuracy
Now we're using his equation to tell you which companies may be next in line. Could you predict the next Enron?
- The Top 4 Places CFOs Hide Fudged Numbers
Even in the context of law-abiding financial reporting, there is so much wiggle room in how accounting items are treated that investors may be missing some important details if they fail to really dig into the numbers.